Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Journey Begins

September 2010

A new world agility competition is announced. The World Agility Open Championships will be held in Somerset, UK in May 2011. A few friends sent me the link to the application and suggested I apply. Coming off a fabulous Regional and National Championships, I was toying with the idea but unsure about how I would get Slice to England with the quarantine regulations. Nervous butterflies gathered in my stomach as I tossed around the idea of applying. While going through this process I get a phone call, Nina Durante, Team Manager for the Canadian Agility Team!

The reason for Nina's call...Slice has won her way onto the team based on her performance at Nationals! If we want to go the spot is ours! OMG! I am incredibly honored and overwhelmed with emotion that this tiny Papillon has brought me this far at such a young age. A couple of phone calls to some key people in my decision making and I call Nina back and say "Yes, we would love to!"

This is where the journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment