Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good-bye LA

Our bags are packed and we are waiting to leave for the airport. Like every good traveler, I came with one borderline suitcase and now leaving with two as I made room for new purchases. This trip was amazing! Before we arrived I was getting nervous about a lot of unknown possibilities like equipment Slice hadn't seen, getting around courses in a different discipline, raising the stress level and so on. Slice, bless her heart, just goes with the flow and trusts that I know what I am doing. The majority of the anxiety and stress is my own and I was very pleased to learn that I can handle the pressure and put down the runs I need. Our only factor going into England now will be all the travel and time change.

A little less than three weeks to go, the countdown has begun. The excitement is building and I am trying to soak up every moment and emotion as we prepare for our departure. So far there have been so many highs with very few lows. The level of joy and pleasure that Slice brings me grows everyday. When you have multiple dogs you don't very often get the chance to enjoy the true individuality of each of them until you have special one on one time. No competition with the pack, just pure friendship with your canine pal. The past 6 days have been so great for Slice and I. The depth of her personality, brains and talent continue to amaze me.



No comments:

Post a Comment