Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 2 Even More Awesome!

So the days were long and the wifi only available in the pub which meant I couldn't post when it was convenient. Obviously a delayed posting as the even is over and the results are in but I will go back and recount the day.

Coming off the high of three clean rounds yesterday and probably the toughest mental challenge I have ever had to deal with today was superb. Slice didn't put a foot wrong and we went clean in all 6 rounds we ran. We are on fire! I come off every run cheering with excitement and so very proud of her.

We walk from stall to ring and back and I have to have someone walk with me as everyone wants to meet Slice and ask me questions. While I would love to stop and chat with each one of them, staying focused on the task at hand is the key.

The weather is quite nice but patches of strong wind. The wind is strong enough that it is blowing Slice off her lines in the outside rings. Poor girl. Such a trooper, she keeps battling on.

Another great ribbon ceremony for us and a pile of ribbons to take back to the hotel room. Slice was exhausted and slept all the way home on the bus.

From here on out I am staying away from Facebook and Internet. I believe we are sitting first going into the pentathlon so need rest and focus. See you on the podium kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment