Tuesday, May 10, 2011

England, we have arrived and survived

Don't panic we have survived our journey! It was an experience for sure! Sunday morning started with a 4:00 am wake up call from WestJet to tell me my flight was cancelled and they had re-booked me on a flight that would make me miss my connecting flight to France. Awesome! Back to sleep I went and waited for a phone call. We were re-booked on the 10:00 am flight and everything back on track.

Flight to Toronto was full to the brim with lots and lots of kids. Some bad turbulence coming into Toronto that really made me wish I had taken a trip on the Tower of Terror in Disneyland as practice! Not a great landing to say the least. Good little Slice slept through the whole thing.

By the time we claimed our luggage and got Slice out to the bathroom we had to get up to check in for France. So we sat at the gate waiting to meet up with my teammates that were joining me on the next leg. Just before boarding we connect and get on the plane. Again a full flight. I was so sick and had a horrible flight that I was very glad to hit the ground. Picking up the luggage, the car and getting out of France was seamless and a lovely drive. We arrived at the ferry and border check for the dogs and had no problems. The ferry ride was awesome and we had the chance to see the famous White Cliffs of Dover.

Driving our Mercedes from France and into England and then on the wrong side of the road was super exciting. We made it across France and England without getting lost. Like good Canadians we smiled and waved at people when we took the round-a-bouts wrong. Such a great experience. I have lots of pictures but it will take time to get them uploaded.

Today was spent shopping in Street and a visit to the Abbey in Glastenbury. A great and relaxing day. Tomorrow starts the team practices and getting ready for the competition.

Patience my friends, posts will be dependent on getting into the pub to access the wifi! I will do my best to keep you up to date.


3 comments:

  1. It must seem so surreal to be there! Glad to hear you made it one piece! We'll be checking for updates - can't wait to see pictures. Have fun and enjoy! What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun adventure to get there!! Great to have a relaxing day before it all begins. Looking forward to more updates when you have time.
    Ainsley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. I think that the fun is just starting. Looking forward to more updates as the event unfolds - too bad you have to go to the pub to do them (lol)

    Bogey

    ReplyDelete